Tuesday, October 7, 2014

First interview with a awesome movie star Anthony Ilott, who talks about Wrong Turn 6 and much more.


This is my very first interview with a new movie star Anthony Ilott. I had a great time, but I was super nervous to ask him questions, I might say I was too starstruck.

 I had a chance to ask Anthony some questions about him, a new up-coming horror movie Wrong Turn 6 and much more. PS, this interview might have spoilers, so be ''careful'' while reading this! I will add a quick bio of him.

Anthony Ilott is an actor and a director, known for Wrong Turn 6: Last Resort, Sex, Drugs & Veggie Spring Rolls and much more.
Wrong Turn 6 full plot:
A sudden and mysterious inheritance brings Danny (Anthony Ilott) and his friends to Hobb Springs, a forgotten resort deep in the West Virginia hills. Hobb Spring is being looked after under the watchful care of Jackson (Chris Jarvis) and Sally (Sadie Katz), a socially and awkward couple who introduce Danny to the long lost family he's never known. Soon, Danny is forced to choose between his friends and his bloodline.

I hope you like this post/interview! (And yes, Anthony started the conversation and asked me a question first!)

AI: Hi, how are you?
RH: Hey, I'm good, how about you?
AI: I'm good, thank you, just a little busy.

RH: Oh. Can you tell me why did you choose acting as a career?
AI: Well, I wanted to be involved in sports, but I was always a singer. I have always sung and I thought I could only do it as a hobby, but then I started training my voice and then attended a performing arts course and then I realized that I wanted to be a performer. And over time my career has just lead me to acting rather than singing and dancing.
Danny from Wrong Turn 6

RH: Can you tell me how you even got involved with Wrong Turn 6?
AI: I was living and working in London in theater and I was auditioning for West End shows like Les Miserable, Phantom of The Opera and so on. And then I was in the final audition for a show called ONCE. The auditions went on for about 3 months, so I was learning and practicing a lot. During that time I got a call from from my agent who said I had an audition for Wrong Turn 6, so I was extremely excited about it. I went to the audition and then I met the casting director (Gillian Hawser) who was lovely. And so I started reading for the part of Danny. I was so nervous! She filmed me auditioning and then I went home to practice more for my other audition for ONCE. I didn't hear anything from Gillian so I suspected that I hadn't got the part. 3 or 4 weeks passed and then I got a call from my agent saying that they loved my audition and I got the part and I would be flying to Bulgaria the next week! It was all very surreal and I was so excited and that's it really! The rest is history as they say!


RH: Did you know that you'd get the lead role?
AI: Well yeah! I knew I was auditioning for the lead role, which was awesome as it was my first feature film, so I feel very blessed that they liked me!

RH: When did you start filming the movie?
AI: Back in March, I can't remember the exact date.
Awesome DVD cover. But it's not real

RH: When did you first met the other cast members? Was it on the first day of filming?
AI: Well actually Chris and I were on the same flight but we didn't know until we met in the taxi on the way there. We went for out costume fittings as soon as we landed, where then I met Rollo and the producers and the costume department. Then I met Talitha that evening, where Chris, Rollo and I went for drinks to get to know each other and then the next day I met everyone else apart from Aqueela and Sadie as they got there the next day.

RH: Were you nervous when you got to Bulgaria? And what was your first impression of Bulgaria?
AI: Yeah, I was kinda nervous and I had never been there so I didn't know what to expect. Well the city reminded me of America, kind of as they have 2 really big malls. But when we got into filming and were in the mountains, it was seriously so beautiful!

RH: Was it really cold there?
AI: It really was. The sun was hot on some days.. I remember filming up in the woods at about 2 AM and it was snowing and I must have been around -2 degrees. lol

RH: A weird question, but in the movie Danny (Anthony Ilott) inherits a hotel/spa.. Is the hotel/spa really a place in Bulgaria? And did Danny inherit a spa or a hotel in Wrong Turn 6?
AI: It's a hotel and a spa. The outside of the hotel are of an old military academy in Sofia and the inside ones are of a derelict building. And we shot some stuff in a pool, which was by a lake somewhere!

RH: A weird question again, but were there any people in the hotel, when you were filming?
AI: No the places were totally empty!


RH: Can you tell me how was it to work with the awesome cast of Wrong Turn 6?
AI: It was really awesome.. Really was, they were so great. I don't think I have ever laughed as much in my life being around them. We would joke around and do stupid things, but when it came to work, everyone were very professional and did a really great job. I learned a lot from them, especially from Aqueela and Chris.

RH: You're lucky then.. Do you still talk with them?
AI: Very lucky indeed! Of course, we are really close! I talk to Sadie and Aqueela as much as I can, but it's difficult with the time difference.

RH: How was it to work with Sadie?
AI: She is great! Really great, very fun and also very professional! She had lots of ideas in set and watching her work was great.

RH: I must say that you are too lucky then!
AI: I couldn't have asked for better people to work with!

RH: I'll start from the movies ending.. It was really weird.. Do you think that the movies ending will have a start of a new movies beginning?
AI: Ooooooh good question.. I really hope there will be, but I really don't know though.. And I don't want to say too much haha.

RH: I heard that there's already a start for Wrong Turn 7..
AI: Well, I have spoken to Frank (the writer) and I know that a lot of us want a WT7.
RH: Even though we haven't seen WT6, we still want a WT7.. (Or maybe that's just me?)
AI: No, I think lots of people want a WT7. I do too! And I think that you will love WT6, honestly.

RH: What does Wrong Turn 6 have that other Wrong Turn movies don't have?
AI: I think WT6 is different, because you actually really care about the characters and the other movies are great, don't get me wrong. But I think in this one, you actually care for the characters and follow them on a journey, so when things happen, you are more affected by it than the previous films.

RH: Can you tell me why Wrong Turn 6 doesn't have a trailer?
AI: I thought that FOX would release a longer one, but the shorter teasers are probably to keep people guessing. Not give too much away, so people stayed more intrigued!

RH: What did you think of the other Wrong Turn movies? And which one is your favorite?
AI: They are okay. I liked the first one.
RH: And which one did you dislike the most?
AI: Hmm, not saying I disliked it, but the fifth movie wasn't my favorite.

RH: Do you think that if Wrong Turn 7 ever happens, would you be in it?
AI: If it happens, then I would like to be in it. I had so much fun and it would be awesome to see the crew again!

RH: I kinda feel that Sadie Katz would be in it too.. I hope I won't ruin anything for anyone.
AI: Well maybe? There might be a few faces in it, if it happens. But I can't give anything away, because I actually don't know.

RH: Before you go, do you have anything to say to your fans or Wrong Turn 6 fans?
AI: Of course,
I feel very privileged to have such supportive fans and that they are excited about the movie. I will always try my best to respond and talk, but if I don't I hope they know that I'm not ignoring them! The movie won't disappoint and I'm glad everyone is excited about the idea of WT7. So let's make it happen!

RH: Thank you so so so much for having a talk with me and I hope you will keep everyone updated with new things!
AI: Thank you buddy, I'll keep you updated! And speak soon bud.

You can find Anthony Ilott from these social media pages like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Go follow him/stalk him.. He is awesome, he cares about his fans and responds to tweets/messages and letters.
https://twitter.com/Anthonyilott21
https://www.facebook.com/anthonyilottactor
http://instagram.com/anthonyilott123




No comments:

Post a Comment